Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are you Kristi's Sister? Uh, what?

So, funny story....

Short version:
So I got all dressed up all cute and did my hair & makeup, because hey it's my birthday. BUT I had to laugh when Ethan's preschool teachers thought I must be a sister of me!

Long version:
Today is my birthday so I got all dressed up all cute, did my hair with curlers so it had lots of volume, did my make up, and wore my last pair of old, irritating, blurry 5 year old prescription contacts. The kids thought the curlers were hilarious and said, "Mom, you are the weirdest person. You look so funny!" I informed them that I would in fact be taking them out and the curlers will make my hair curly and lovely. That was fascinating to them as well.
So after I was all dressed up... for myself, I went to drop Ethan off at preschool. I was signing him in when I noticed his teacher just squinting at me, pondering something. She asks me, "Are you going to be picking Ethan up today too?" I answered, "Yes, of coarse", when I realized, maybe they don't recognize me. What an odd question to ask. So I said, "Oh it's me, I just am not wearing my glasses today and I'm all done up!" She laughed and said she thought I must be a sister of me! Then the other teacher hearing us, agreed and said she didn't recognize me either! We all laughed and then I said this could be how I looked all the time if I put any effort into it...

... apparently I need to put some more effort once and a while. I used to on Sundays, but 9 am church with three kids results in nothing amazing. Ok it's been a long time (as my Seattle friends know) since I actually curled my hair each day along with daily makeup applications. But what mother does? I seem to have gotten used to my el natural look, along with glasses. I keep chuckling about this afternoon with the teachers.

5 comments:

HeatherB said...

Kristie that is so funny! I take the kids to school in my gym clothes every day with no makeup. I wonder if their teachers would recognize me all done up. Ah the life of a mom.

MAB said...

That's pretty funny. I'm sure the same thing would happen to me if I ever made an effort. My theory: if you look good every day, whenever you don't make yourself up people will think, "dang, she's actually not very cute." But if you usually look bad, then when you do make yourself up, people will think, "wow! She cleans up pretty well!"

Hope you had a fun birthday by the way!

Lisa Garcia said...

This is so funny, Kristy! I'm still laughing. I feel the same way every day.... and we, too, have 9am church. I haven't touched my curling iron in a LONG time!

It's good to check in on you now and then. We're in Olympia now and still adjusting. :)

Cyndi and Tommy Krebs said...

Kristi, that story rocks! Hilarious! It's more than I would do...meaning I don't even know how to dress up to look GOOD! Good work, kid. I wonder if the teachers would have eventually asked or something!

Asherbie said...

Kristi B! It's Ashley Blackham (Tracy)... I saw your name on Lisa Larson's blog and totally looked you up! :) Hope that's okay... email me at LBROX26@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog! Love ya, girl, hope you and your fam are doing great.